Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Church in Ireland!!

While I was in Dublin I was able to go to the Ward there! I went with two other girls that were LDS. We really didn't know where to go all we had was an address, so I asked the cab driver if he knew where it was and he said he thinks he does but if not we can find it. Well we went to the street and we couldn't find it, so the cab driver asked this old man that sold flowers and he told us that there was a chapel just up ahead but he didn't know weather it "was a Mormon or the Jehovah church" and I was thinking well we don't want the Jehovah church so hopefully it wasn't that. But we found it! It was a small ward they only had about 50 people in the Congregation and about half of them were missionaries! There were five different sets of missionaries in the ward! there was an old couple and two older sister missionaries that worked in the office. Then there were three different sets of missionaries to go and teach the gospel. The experience I had there was amazing! Everyone that was there was a convert and it was wonderful to hear all there conversion stories and all that they go through to live the gospel each day! They were so nice, and welcomed us with open arms and wanting us to come back the next weekend! There was a girl there from Tempe she was there doing a internship for school! So I talked with her and we found out that we have mutual friends so that was fun to talk to her! I loved being at church because it felt like home! I know I can go anywhere in the world and I can go somewhere and feel like I am home! Which I am very grateful for!!

Here is there sign that is in Gaelick (sorry I am not sure if that is the right spelling!)



1 comment:

Karyn said...

Oh yay, I'm so glad you got to go! That was my favorite part of traveling is visiting all the wards. Isn't it an incredible experience? It is so hard for them to live the gospel and their faith is amazing! You look so cute too ; )