Saturday, December 17, 2011

Early Merry Christmas

Okay lets face it I am horrible at updating my blog. I keep saying I will and then it never seems to happen. It also could be that I don't have very much to update you all on, if you know me at all you will know I am not very adventurous. SO since I don't have very much to update you on my life I will update you on my AmAzInG FaMiLy.


First my favorite and only sister: My sister Lauren has been working very hard at her job which is a hair stylist at great clips. She has been there a little over a year and she just got a job promotion to be the manager at her store. She is only 21 and she took on some responsibility. I could not be more happy for her. I now know that it was just an act when we were younger that she would make me do everything for her. :-)


Second is my oldest brother Ryan: I have posted about my amazing brother before on my blog. I can not remember what I said before but if I have said it once I am sorry cause you are going to get it again. Ryan is such an amazing brother he would come and get me in the pouring rain in Mexico if my car broke down. He would be cursing me the entire way but he would be there. He is also a hard worker, amazing father and husband. My wonderful brother has been able to keep his construction job in this amazing economy, so that would tell you how awesome of a worker he is. However he has an amazing opportunity to work at another construction company to do more of what he wants to do instead of messing with the politics at his old job he is now getting to over see more building of homes. I now what ever Ryan does he will be amazing at it.


Third is my older brother Robert: Robert and I are the most alike in our family. We are the quieter ones if the family (and you all know how quite i am so you can just imagine how the other two are!) We have more of the Connolly physical features over the Stokes. We also ride with the punches where the other two do the same but with a little more force. You would think that it would not be possible to have two awesome brothers but Heavenly Father has blessed me with two. Robert has been working himself to death working a full time job and going to school to be a fire fighter. Well his hard work has paid off, he recently got hired as a fire fighter in Cottonwood. He is such an example to me to find something I love and work very hard to get it. Now when I see my brother talk about his work he has a huge smile on his face and can't wait to get back and help people.


Fourth is my dad: He has not had any big changes in his life either but he has shown he how generous and caring and giving he is. He is all through the year but around this time he makes his wishes known. all he wants for Christmas is no presents but for us to help out the people that need it. I know that he loves me and wants only good things for me. He is such an example to me and has so many qualities that I hope I can find in my husband.


Fifth and final I am going to tell you about my brilliant mother: my mom has always been a hard worker. She has been there for all of our games, plays, and school activities. One thing my mom has done is she decided that she was going back to school to become a teacher. Once she got married to my dad they started a family and was unable to finish. So I when I was a senior in high school she decided that she wanted to finish her degree. Three years later she finished her goal. She got her teaching degree and became a teacher. If that was not enough she went back to school and got her masters degree. Yesterday my mom graduated from NAU with her masters degree. I am so proud of her and the determination that she had to finish her degree with a full time job and family.


Here is a picture to show off my amazing family. Here we all our last Christmas getting ready for the Polar Express.



I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Please remember this time is not about the presents but His presence.

No comments: